I recently upgraded my blog to WordPress 2 and I can’t say enough about how easy this process was. There was pretty much no extra work involved. It just worked. I guess I’m lucky though as some others have been having issues.
With the upgrade to the blog software, I decided it was time for a new look. I’m not completely finished with the template design as there a still a couple things I’d like to tweak. I’ll be adding a new section to this site called Online Distractions. It’s going to be a place for me to gather links that I find interesting. With any luck, they’ll be things you find interesting too.
This is the first time I’ve used WordPress’s built in Links module. I had a bit of trouble getting it to add dates to the links. The database structure has has a field for this, but it wasn’t getting used. After a bit of digging in the source code, I found out that this field is ignored in the insert function. A quick change and everything was working perfectly. I went ahead and submitted the update patch to the WordPress project. We’ll see if it actually makes it into the next release.